Baked not Fried! Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Recipe
Music by TaToE, Inspiration by gimmedelicious.com. Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 55 mins
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup milk (I use almond milk)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 425-450 F depending on your oven.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces/florets.
- Mix the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl (set aside the hot sauce and coconut oil for later). Mix until the batter is thick and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. You can do this one by one or in batches. shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, get your buffalo wing sauce ready. In a small dish mix in hot sauce & melted coconut oil. Stir together and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven and drizzle the wing sauce over the baked floret. Toss to coat evenly. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 20-25 mins. Serve with cheese sauce from the Mac n' Cheese recipe or your favourite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
We love to use the leftovers in wraps or loaded sandwiches. Just heat up on parchment in the oven or bbq. Now this is cauliflower done right!
Cook with love & it'll work out! If you need a hand, we're here :)
Shane & Kim, Studio Shim.
Check out the video HERE.