Frequently Asked Questions
What is Studio Shim?
We're an online shop & humble studio located in the Forest City London, Ontario creating ethical fashion & home decor. Art is no longer just for the walls. 100% Canadian Made & chemical-free.
Is it true that you're completely made in Canada?
Creating the Art, milling of fabric, printing & hand sewing all done on Canadian soil. The material used in our shorts, leggings & capris was developed exclusively for these products. In order to have a great product, you have to start with the best quality materials.
What printing process do you use?
We use solvent free sublimation inks. This printing method gives a vibrant, beautiful range of colours that won't fade.
What size should I order?
This compression fit performance wear fabric is pretty true to size and won't lose shape. The fabric will relax a little after wearing and washing a few times.
Leggings, Capris and Yoga Leggings (XS to XL)
Shorts (XS to XL)
Draped Kimono & Robe
What about your sewing?
Each pair is handled individually by hand by the production team and is checked along the way for quality printing and sewing. The leggings are sewn using a 4-thread overlock which incorporates a safety stitch along the seam for durability and stretch.
Sometimes the stitched thread can be seen after a fair amount of use or stretching in some areas. The thread colour choice is actually a part of each design, therefore 'if' you see this stitch close-up - it was designed to still look great in all ways!
What's the turnaround time for on demand items?
- Clothing 5 - 10 days
- Pillows 3 - 7 days
- Scarves 2 - 6 days
- Device Cases 2-4 days
- Wholesale 10 - 22 days depending on order
Why does my order take 2-6 weeks to arrive?
We have a small and dedicated team who works hard to fill our orders as quickly as possible. We do not have a huge warehouse where we can simply choose your item and send it off in the mail. Each item is created just for you upon ordering. Because of this, it can take a little more time
What about my credit card information & payment?
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Where do you ship from?
- Canada & USA Please refer to shipping information here
How will I receive my items?
Packaged in clear poly-liner plastic bags, then placed in a shipping envelope.
- Device cases are packaged in a non-abrasive foam pouch and a mini sleeve.
- Scarves ship in small sturdy box.
- All fabric products ship in rip-proof shipping envelopes.
Who is responsible for customs fees?
- We cannot undervalue any costs of the products that we ship so please do not ask us to. Since we do ship from Canada and the USA, only international orders may experience custom fees.
- The person receiving the products will ultimately be responsible for any custom charges or taxes (if applied), so please check with your custom regulations before ordering.
- Studio Shim is not responsible for reimbursing custom or duties associated with an order.
How to contact? We'd love to hear from you!
Please send us a message below and specify preferred method of contact. Some prefer email while others prefer to chat on the phone. Unfortunately, we do not text. If there is a time that works best,let us work around your schedule!